Metro Underground
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Metro Underground

A place for Metro Arts and Tech students, alumni, staff to socialize and give/get homework help.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share |

How you got to Metro

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Pride

How you got to Metro Vide
PostSubject: How you got to Metro   How you got to Metro EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 12:38 am

Basically, I ran into trouble in my last High School (Balboa) someone I thought was a friend sorta screwed me over, but anyway, I don't feel like getting into that. Ask Matthew if you want to know, he knows the whole thing.

Pretty much after what happened, my parents decided to have me transfer. Originally, I applied for CAT, but they were full and put me on their waiting list, but recommended I try for Metro. I also applied to Burton as a backup. A few weeks later, I got Burton's acceptance letter and was going, but while on a trip in Las Vegas, I got a call from my Aunt and she told me I got into Metro. I wasn't too thrilled, as I was annoyed about the whole transfer, but turns out, that was a life changing day Very Happy

aaaand that's how I got to Metro? Anyone else have a story?Razz
Back to top Go down
daniel f.

PostSubject: Re: How you got to Metro   How you got to Metro EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 12:55 am

some folks from metro came to james lick and such and then i shadowed araceli and she made me promise to come
Back to top Go down
amelgoza

amelgoza

PostSubject: STORY TIME!   How you got to Metro EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 10:56 pm

The way that I found about Metro was waay back in the day (4 years ago) when the school was barely being created by our last principal Kenny. He came down to my middle school which was in fact down the street from where Metro's first campus was located at. He talked about the high school and it being an Art & Technology campus in which it will have a lot of computer resources and very friendly teachers. I really didn't really pay attention to in to be honest, but it was nice to hear that there were options besides the current school I was enrolled in which was John O' Conell. Besides this info, my best friend Jessica M. told me that I should enroll into Metro because she was going there as well, so I did and I've been very happy there ever since.
Back to top Go down
Kheft

Kheft

PostSubject: Re: How you got to Metro   How you got to Metro EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 12:31 am

funny story, i was was doing bad at my middle school, meaning i almost got like a C in english and my parents through a shit fit, and my mom was like blah blah blah your going to MSAT and i was like wat the bleep is that bleep no. then my mom was like shut up. So i went there freshmen year and despite all my resistence it was the best school i had ever gone to. Then NUSD (novato unified school district) was like ah heeeeeeeell no, MSAT is moving and were only paying for space for the novato students (which was like less then half). And the NUSD was like, oh and were not telling you where your moving till like the end of august. and our school was like crap, and shut down. Then MSAT was all like ok if you want our sister school Metro is reserving spots for any one who wishes to go there. I was like what the hell its probably better then San Rafael high and i said ok. And thats my comedic version of how i got to Metro.
Back to top Go down
D-Hybrid

D-Hybrid

PostSubject: Re: How you got to Metro   How you got to Metro EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 2:05 am

Well Metro's 1st site was like 3-4 blocks where I lived so I was sure. I was only there for one year because I entered in its 2nd year. I liked the school so I stayed there even if each year it was some where different. But I liked the changes and I feel that I have grown with the school and changed with it. So yea . Despite what some people say about this school I rather be here than go to most other schools out there.
Back to top Go down
NJasperYang09

PostSubject: Re: How you got to Metro   How you got to Metro EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 10:11 pm

@ Kheft That was you being comedic?

@ amelgoza Except that you left for that one portion and then ended up coming back.

Do I really have to tell this story? Doesn't everyone know my story already?

I wish I didn't sound like I don't care, because I do... but even I'm tired of this story. NEW STORIES!

And why do I automatically have a siggy?
Back to top Go down
Honor

Honor

PostSubject: Re: How you got to Metro   How you got to Metro EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 6:05 am

Kheft wrote:
funny story, i was was doing bad at my middle school, meaning i almost got like a C in english and my parents through a shit fit, and my mom was like blah blah blah your going to MSAT and i was like wat the bleep is that bleep no. then my mom was like shut up. So i went there freshmen year and despite all my resistence it was the best school i had ever gone to. Then NUSD (novato unified school district) was like ah heeeeeeeell no, MSAT is moving and were only paying for space for the novato students (which was like less then half). And the NUSD was like, oh and were not telling you where your moving till like the end of august. and our school was like crap, and shut down. Then MSAT was all like ok if you want our sister school Metro is reserving spots for any one who wishes to go there. I was like what the hell its probably better then San Rafael high and i said ok. And thats my comedic version of how i got to Metro.

So you msat kids migrated into our already crowded school and we had to adapt to you weirdness.........hmmm.....

BUT ANYWAY the way I found out about metro was through kenny comming to my school which was the same as chris' and axel's school and it cought my attention. The first year was the best year if school of my life period. Coming out of a shitty ass 8th grade year i got a fresh start in a highschool where i was accepted for who i was and not the people i hang out with.....
Back to top Go down
rayxlui

PostSubject: Re: How you got to Metro   How you got to Metro EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 7:30 pm

So I was baking some bread. Then my mom was like kk you got into Metro, your going. So I did.
Back to top Go down
Pride

PostSubject: Re: How you got to Metro   How you got to Metro EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 10:13 pm

rayxlui wrote:
So I was baking some bread. Then my mom was like kk you got into Metro, your going. So I did.

LOL Epic first post
Back to top Go down
KellyinChains

KellyinChains

PostSubject: Re: How you got to Metro   How you got to Metro EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 1:21 am

I was going to MSAT and if you read jacob's story you pretty much get the gist of what happened. It was really sad for me, though. Anyway...........then i came here.

wow i thought i had more to add
Back to top Go down
Frostie

Frostie

PostSubject: Re: How you got to Metro   How you got to Metro EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 5:11 pm

i went to MSAT after middle school because the parents from my middle school had a huge part in creating MSAT, and there i would get to know alot of people from my middle school.
so i was an MSATkid, and everyone who went there was kina screwed as far as transfering to public highschool cuz our curriculum is so weird.
we'd all heard horror stories of friends who'd left and had to make up a year of science or math or PE. I liked alot about MSAT but really wanted to leave because 1. I felt like the work they were giving us wasn't really that educational and my lazy ass just wanted less work (shows u how much i know about public schools cuz msat lower house we didn't do a whole lot...) and 2. sophmore year, im sorry, but my class was obnoxious. We made our teachers cry on a regular basis we were so bad. So i was like I'm so done with this, when i found out Msat was closing i was scared of having a difficult transfer but was happy to leave.

Here's where shit gets sappy.

So i started attending the NUSD meetings where they were trying to decide what to do with the school, and kina started getting really into it and really heated about NUSD cuz they're so currupt. Watching the students stand up for the school started making me think twice about leaving.
Meanwhile my grandpa offered to pay my way into a private waldorf school i had always wanted to go to - (my sister got to go cuz she needed a more specialized education cuz public school wasnt working for her. But after she went, we were hella broke so i couldn't go. we're hella broke anyway. so my grandpa making thos offer was hella special)
But when i went to the meeting where Stewart Fox announced MSAT was gunna close and hearing everybody come up and talk about how they really wanted the community to stay together i realized i wouldnt find a community like this at anyother school. i went up to the mic and made a teary speech like everyone else about how much i loved the school, and announced i'de go to metro. (even though it's 3.5 hours from my house)

I liked metro a lot more than MSAT, i felt like the culture mix made it more interesting, and by the end of the first semester the upper house was a stronger community then i had expirienced in lower house at msat. Butttt- after a semester i left. I was waking up at 6am and getting home at 7pm on regular days, and on drama days, i got home at 11pm. so it wasn't working out.

I transfered to the private waldorf school. i really liked the education, but i was right, the community could not compare to metro or msat, even though it was incredibly small (100 kids in the highschool total). At the end of last year i chose not to return there and try my luck at my local highschool, but then realized i was going to hate that too because the community would suck there too.
I gave up on trying to find a good school community and now am in independant study. Its working well, but i miss goin to school with my metro buddies.
Back to top Go down
Ish

Ish

PostSubject: Re: How you got to Metro   How you got to Metro EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 11:44 pm

So my story starts way back in my 8th grade year at Hoover . My homeroom teacher Ms. Cunningham said that there was a man coming to talk about a new school that he was going to start, Metro. That man was Kenneth (Kenny) Purser, he talked with this voice that made you just want to listen. I had originally applied to CAT but missed the deadline due to chicken pox, so I signed up to go to metro instead, because that was 2 blocks away from my old house back in the day.

My first day of high school came, I walked up that hill wearing my signature green track jacket. I was the quiet kid in middle school, outgoing, yet reserved. I saw a few people i knew from hoover. Araceli, Ronnie, Alex Quock, Tommy Lai. All of us were from different little groups back in middle school and a few weeks into the year it didn't even matter. Sophomore year was a better year for me academically but metro's community feeling had changed a little for the worse. It got alot better last year it still had a familiar feel to it. This year i don't think the community is that strong at all, but this is coming from a senile adult...

ah good times.
Back to top Go down
dachosen

dachosen

PostSubject: Re: How you got to Metro   How you got to Metro EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 11:34 pm

How I came to Metro Well i sent out different apps to other high skool and i got accepted by three out of six and i chose metro even tho i didnt want to go at first i was a kick ass skool well my freshman year at least well anyway i was comin from a really shitty skool down the block from when metro used to be AND I LEARNED THAT MOST OF MY FRIENDS FROM SKOOL WAS GOIN THERE SO ME, mIGUEL SERRNO, CHRIS RODGUEZ, ASHLEY ARCHIE, JACOB TOMAS AND IMMER RIVERA CAME TO METRO AND R STILL THERE TODAY SO YEA THATS MY STORY

iM A BEAST!!!!!!
Cool
Back to top Go down
Sukkarakan

Sukkarakan

PostSubject: Re: How you got to Metro   How you got to Metro EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 1:31 am

Here's my story:

I went to Hillwood Academic Day School from kindergarten to 3rd grade. Had a goodbye party for me at the school since I was being transferred due to not enough teachers there to help, and I needed the most help it seems. They gave me a large book of information on animals.

Transferred to Freeman School and stayed there from 4th grade to 5th grade. Animal book was destroyed by some lame kid when they poured sunscreen on it. Principal fell into debt and closed down.

Transferred with a few others to The Laurel School. Stayed from 6th to 8th, therefore graduating. Was teased most of the time in 8th grade by an angry diabetic guy who is most likely dead now by his own stupidity. Friends moved away just like they did ever since I was 4. Found Metro through a friend. Later accepted.

Now I'm at Metro. Any questions?
Back to top Go down
kcubilo3

PostSubject: Re: How you got to Metro   How you got to Metro EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 3:06 am

i didnt get financial aid for my first choice... and i didn't want to go public... =]
Back to top Go down
georgeforeman

georgeforeman

PostSubject: Re: How you got to Metro   How you got to Metro EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 11:33 pm

I should'a went to public.
Back to top Go down
Pride

PostSubject: Re: How you got to Metro   How you got to Metro EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 12:59 am

georgeforeman wrote:
I should'a went to public.
Metro's public charter. :O
Back to top Go down
georgeforeman

georgeforeman

PostSubject: Re: How you got to Metro   How you got to Metro EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 8:29 pm

I said public.
Back to top Go down
Pride

PostSubject: Re: How you got to Metro   How you got to Metro EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 8:32 pm

nub ;/
Back to top Go down
georgeforeman

georgeforeman

PostSubject: Re: How you got to Metro   How you got to Metro EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 8:37 pm

B)
Back to top Go down
Kennia

Kennia

PostSubject: Re: How you got to Metro   How you got to Metro EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 3:23 am

Ok well I was in 7th grade and me and my cousin Thalia went to the same middle school. She graduated and went to metro cus kenny came to our school talking about how good it was going to be. Then when I was in 8th grade I wanted to go to O'conel with all my friends (who I dont even tlk to now). Me and my mom used to argue about me not going to that school all the time because ppl used to say it was a REALLY bad school and other stuff. Then my mom was like your gona stick to where your cousin is going and blah blah blah. So thats how I go to metro. And I hated it sooooooooooooooooooooooo bad. Until 10th grade =)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How you got to Metro   How you got to Metro Empty

Back to top Go down

How you got to Metro

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Metro Underground :: General :: School Talk :: General Chat -